"with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Job Title..."Mommy"

Well...the last day of school was Friday. I can no longer carry the job title of "teacher" but from now on...or for the next few years, I'll be known as "mommy." The end of school was bitter-sweet. I was very happy to not have to wake up at 5:00 anymore or to rally 145 students' attention all the time, but I will miss the interaction with most of the students. I really enjoyed chatting and getting to know the students. Most of them are really, really sweet. I thought I was going to cry at graduation, but I didn't. I cried when two of my junior girls came to say good-bye to me the last day of school.



The last day of my senior marine biology class

Only 4 more weeks left...the slow countdown has begun. I'm sure I'll be quite busy in the nesting mode. I have my maternity bag all packed, and I'll be ready to go whenever Ava is ready to come. Shawn and I both are super excited, but almost in disbelief. We were both thinking this week..."We are going to have a baby in our house within 4 weeks! Crazy!"


Top: The cute cake Bethany made for me and Julie's surprise baby shower.
Bottom: Me and Ellen at Fairhope fountain (36 weeks)

1 comment:

Marian said...

hey Liz! I just stopped by your blog for the first time in forever...I can't believe the baby is almost here! (Or may be already by now). It seems like I just learned about you being preggers back at Tiff's wedding, and now she's already almost here. I'm so excited for you and Shawn! You must post pictures!!